Five Losing Behaviors That Are Ruining Your Relationship
Young Retro Style Couple Having Relationship Problems
Today, I’m going to share with you the five losing behaviors that are ruining your relationship. Let’s face it, relationships are complicated. Love just isn’t enough for any relationship to survive, let alone, thrive. To have a great relationship you must commit to building it, thoughtfully and skillfully. It’s takes a conscious effort by both individuals to show up as healthy adults and open their hearts. Do you think you have the skills to do this? Have you been taught to create and sustain a truly great relationship? If your like most of us, your upbringing has not only failed to give you the tools you need, but has actively filled your head with a bunch of unhelpful nonsense. I would love to share with you all the reasons relationships fail and give you the skills to help build a great relationship but, it’s just not possible in one sitting. What I can do is share with you five of the top behaviors that will guarantee relationship failure. My hope in doing so is to help you have the awareness of what your doing wrong. Without further ado..
Five Losing Behaviors?
1. Needing to be right-Finding out whose view is more “valid” or “accurate”
2. Controlling Your Partner (can be direct of indirect-manipulation)
3. Unbridled Self-Expression-The idea that all sharing is authentic and will increase closeness
4. Retaliation-Trying to make you feel what I feel (passive aggression)
5. Withdrawl-Stems from either resignation or retaliation and differs from responsible distance taking.
If you participate in any of these behaviors your relationship is doomed to fail or at the very least you will feel extremely frustrated and unsatisfied. The good news is that these behaviors can be changed. But first you need to be aware of what your doing that isn’t working. Next week I’ll share with you some winning strategies that will help you build a relationship in which you are more fulfilled and feel closer to your partner.